Event date: 5/03/2017 Export event
This State event provides an opportunity for athletes, who are not participating in the State Individual Championships in three or more events, with a chance to compete. Finals will not be conducted for this event and medals will be provided for each age group based on heat times. Heats will be drawn based on PBs of nominated entries and Field events will be best of three attempts (no final 8).
Location: SA Athletics Stadium, Railway Terrace, Mile End
Entry Fee: $10.00 per event/Capped at $30.00
Entry is open to athletes in the Under 9 to Under 15 age groups who are registered with Little Athletics SA before Saturday 31st December 2016 and have met the following:
Event Specific Rules
* Athletes who have qualified for the State Individual Championships in three or more events are ineligible to enter the State Challenge.
* Athletes cannot enter an event in the State Challenge that they have qualified for in the State Individual Championships, regardless of whether they nominate for that event in the State Individual Championships.
Qualification Standards - 2017 State Challenge Qualifying Standards
* Athletes in the Under 9 to Under 13 age groups must have bettered or equalled the qualifying standard for the nominated event(s) within the specified Qualification Period.
* Athletes in the Under 14 and Under 15 age groups must have recorded a valid performance in the nominated events within the specified Qualification Period
Eligibility Requirements - Standard rules of competition (pages 44 - 45)
* Athletes must have competed in a minimum of 20 events at their registered centre/club between their date of registration and the close of nominations
Please note: Performances achieved at a 'Come and Try' session do not count towards eligibility or qualification. An individual discipline may only be counted as one event at a competition (e.g. competing in the 100m twice still only counts as one event.) At most, 7 events may be counted towards an athlete's eligibility total within a week.
To register for this event; Nominations are currently unavailable!
Nominations Open: Monday 23rd January 2017
Nominations Close: Sunday 19th February 2017
Event specific information for the 2017 State Challenge below:
2017_State_Challenge - Proposed_Timetable
Categories: Championship EventsNumber of views: 6767
Number of Seats:
SOUTH AUSTRALIAN LITTLE ATHLETICS PARTNERS